Monday, March 2, 2009

Moved to a hotel

There was only 1 hostel in Brasilia. I searched for it online before I got there. I asked Daniella about it, she hadn't even heard of it before. That wasn't a good sign but it wasn't necessarily bad either.

It was called the Brasilia hostel and it was in a sort of convenient area, but it was just a building off a big roadspace area that had no character and almost no life either. The building looks like a big mental ward. A dorm bed was $12. There were 2 guys in my room when I got there that had just gotten off the bus before me and were trying to catch up on sleep. That was pretty much it as far people I could socialize with. But that wasn't the problem.

After about 10 minutes of lying in the bed on the first night, I felt itchy all over my body already. That was a bad sign but it was 11pm and there was nothing I could really do about it. I just decided to live through it for the night.

The next day I met up with Daniella and at the end of our day, she took me to a hotel district (s hoteleira norte) and was nice enough to go into several of them with me to ask about prices and availability. Then once we found one, she drove me to the hostel to pick up my stuff and I moved into the hotel of my choice. It was $40 a night and well worth it. I slept really well there. (It also had a/c which is like heaven on earth for me)

I stayed there my last 2 nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home