Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Drowsiness

For a long time now, I've been trying to figure out why I fall asleep so easily in moving vehicles. They work for me like light sleeping pills would affect a body.

Once the vehicle gets moving, I start getting drowsy if I'm not in the middle of conversation. I think it's because once I get in the vehicle I'm not going to be doing anything for a while and so my mind begins to relax about what I'm going to do and I don't feel the need to be so aware of what's going on around me.

As I begin to relax and clear my mind to think of nothing but stare outside, my brain relaxes to a comfortable position ideal for taking a nap, and that's when it happens.

This is in line with the fact that when I'm driving, I think of things I forgot about at other times of my day. Because I'm concentrating on driving, my brain has the opportunity to allow other thoughts in. They just pop up into my brain when I'm at the wheel, so I keep a notepad and pen in my car at all times to write down these ideas that I discover while driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home