Friday, April 24, 2009

I have entered Bolivia

I´m currently in Sucre, Bolivia. I didn´t originally plan on visiting Bolivia but several people along the way told me that Bolivia was their favorite South American country, and so I felt like I needed to see it.

There are a couple of things in this country that I´ve planned to see already. I already visited Copacabana on Lake Titicaca, La Paz, and now Sucre. Did you guys know that Sucre is the actual capital of Bolivia and not La Paz? Apparently La Paz has unofficially usurped Sucre in terms of governmental power but the capital is still in Sucre.

Tomorrow I am planning to take the bus to Potosi to see some famous mines there and blow up some dynamite. That´s gonna be pretty awesome.

After Potosi is Uyuni, a city on the edge of the salt flat high desert in Bolivia. Salar is the name of the salt flats there. After a 3 day tour of that area, I will re-enter Chile by road and head to San Pedro de Atacama and then take a bus up straight to Cuzco to do Machu Picchu.

I´ve only got slightly over a month left on my trip now, so I´m moving a bit faster to get as much in as possible before I head home. I will be doing a lot of moving (including plane flights) in the near future to speed things up a bit, which means more money, but that´s ok for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home