Monday, September 15, 2008

It's a hard life

So a couple days ago my cousin Yong Dae took me to a spa place near Seoul, still within the Gyeong-Gi Do area, at Tae Jeon. The place was called Spa Greenland.

We had a good time. The place was pretty big, had a lot of jets shooting water in funky directions, and very relaxing seats and hot pools. There were different water pools of mugwort, chrysanthemum, wine, and a couple other concoctions that I don't remember anymore. I wanted to take pictures but I thought people might object to me walking around with a camera in a swimsuit and/or naked place.

There was an area for massages and nail care but we didn't indulge. The main reason we were there was because my relatives hope that the water is good for my skin. I don't think it is but it's hard to turn down half a day of soaking in water anyway. I wouldn't say it's *bad* for my skin, I'm just saying I don't expect any magical restorative effects from it that would warrant the $30 daily admission fee.

The place is missing an actual swimming pool. My cousin was a little disappointed after he brought his goggles.

Afterwards we stopped at a self service bbq to have dinner. This is where you pick raw meat on skewers and then serve yourselves from a bbq line and cook the meat over a huge campfire inside barrels that look ilke they came from the Alaskan pipeline, or in this case, the Russian pipeline. Here's a picture from my gallery:


What I have on the skewer there is a thing of Korean pork bacon (삼겹살). You cook it, then slice it up and eat it wrapped inside a lettuce leaf with hot red bean paste. If you've come to eat Korean bbq with me before, you know what I'm talking about.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why the title is Hard Life.
You have enjoyed spa and ate perfect bbq.

September 16, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home