Monday, October 13, 2008

Jayne and Apgujeoung

On Saturday night, I met up with a friend of Leo's: Jayne. We met in Shinsa (신사) which is a district that borders the most expensive area of Seoul, Apgujeoung (압구정). We were planning to go clubbing that night at arguably the most famous club in Seoul, called Circle.

In Shinsa, we ate at an asian fusion restaurant. I forgot what we ate and what the name of the restaurant was. I guess you could say I wasn't really paying attention. I know that dinner was 2 dishes of noodle stir fries that we shared. I don't even remember what was in them. :)

That's where we started on the beer. After dinner, she took me to a place in Apgujeoung called S Bar, where we drank very expensive cocktails in a very Western looking place with techno/trance playing in the background. The only thing non western about it was that nobody was dancing. Koreans just don't dance unless they're at a dancing venue. This I have come to realize. Even if they're wasted and there's really good music playing, they won't dance. They'll sit in their chairs pretending to move their hips.

Vodka & soda at this S bar place was $13 a drink.

After that, we were supposed to meet her sister and her sister's friend at Circle, but when we got there, there was no line and it looked empty. It was 11pm and they told me that sometimes that place gets started a bit later than that, so we headed over into a wine bar where we had house whites and reds for the rest of the night and sort of forgot about Circle altogether.

By the time we exited the wine bar it was 2:30am so they took me over to a late night food area where I had some ramen and then we took cabs home. Or at least they put me in a cab and I went home. I'm not exactly sure how the 2 girls got home. I should probably ask them next time I see them. heh

Normally I would make sure everyone else was getting home safely first, but this time I don't feel bad, since I'm the visitor and I'm the one that doesn't know exactly what he's doing. I was also falling madly asleep because I hadn't slept well the night before, which was funny. I fell asleep while we were still talking in the wine bar even.

The night was a lot of fun even if we didn't get to go dance. I wanted to because I have yet to see a nightclub in Korea and wanted to see what it was like inside. The girls were super cool and the whole evening was laid back, it was just a comfortable environment considering I'd never met any of them before that evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger THUMPER1808 said...

Hey its good to hear you fall asleep with other people too! lol

October 16, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home