Monday, October 13, 2008

Warning: Bi Polar Disorder Imminent

Yes. I think that before I get home I will have the symptoms of this disease. I think I'm already showing some early signs.

Those people I said I met in Tokyo: I hung out with them another night (my last night in Japan) we went all out. First round was buying beers from Family Mart and drinking them outside on the street. Second round was visiting the nearby Karaoke bar. This was no ordinary karaoke though, it was $8 a person each hour for singing + unlimited alcohol. Did you miss that? Unlimited alcohol.

It was obvious we were in Japan as well. We ordered our drinks by looking at a menu and then using the same karaoke remote and karaoke machine to punch in the codes for each drink we wanted, as if we were queuing up a song on the machine. After about 2.5 minutes, someone would knock on our door and a very nice man would come in and give us the drinks we ordered. It was awesome.

Also, the songs we ordered we could either punch into the remote like the regular way we're all used to, or we could use the handheld LCD device that was like a navigational menu system for the Karaoke machine to order songs.

After that we bought more goods from Family Mart and sat in the outdoor tables in front of our hotel(hostel) and hung out for a couple more hours chitting and chatting. Some of us were awake until nearly sunrise.

I had a really good time that night, but when I woke up in the morning, I had to say bye again to a group of people I'd had enjoyed myself with. After I left them all, I could feel a bit of nostalgia already as I boarded my train and it started rolling towards the airport. I'm not surprised anymore by this feeling that I get. I'm so used to it now. I just push forward knowing that I will meet more people and hopefully things can only get better for me in the future.

The consolation prize is that I made some friends that I will hopefully see again when I travel in the future, and I will be hanging out with one of them in Hong Kong when I get there because coincidentally somehow we planned to be there during the same time.

That turned out to be the day before my birthday, and that was the night when I got into Korea that a couple of French speakers sang Happy Birthday to me and they all forgot my name. haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home