Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tokyo = fun times

I:ve been hanging around Tokyo with a couple of people I met from my hostel. It all started with me randomly talking to a guy standing in front of the elevator with me and then it spreaded to the people who were in our rooms. I:m so glad I said something to him. *pats his own back*

Here:s what I saw today:
1. Tsukiji Fish Market - had sushi there which was excellent. It:s about 100 meters from the wholesale market to the counter where I was served
2. Ginza - had more sushi for lunch
3. Sony Building - just got to see the latest in TVs and games and digicams and stuff
4. Imperial Palace - walked around the entire perimeter and then walked through real quick

Yesterday I walked around alone in the morning to check out Akihibara. I bought a micro SD to USB converter device because my other one seemed defective. Then after I met a couple guys, I took them down to see Harajuku and Shibuya just to see what was there. Parts of Harajuku felt surreal, because streets were so lined with western fashion stores that they looked like european areas. There was one store that looked like a upscale IKEA and it was really funky to see in the middle of Tokyo.

Most of the people that I:ve met have only been in Japan a couple of days, so I:ve been showing them around town and directing them on how to use the subway. Also, since a lot of the customs between Koreans and Japanese are similar, I:ve been teaching people a lot about what:s going on around us when we:re walking, chatting, riding the subway, or eating.

They didn:t believe me when I told them that you can drink in public here, so I showed them by drinking a beer in front of Family Mart with policemen standing next to us. It was awesome. I wish I had gotten a picture of that one but I didn:t think of it at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home