Sunday, October 5, 2008

I keep doing double takes

I:ve noticed lately that Japanese and Korean sound similar in some ways when people are talking. At least a lot more than Chinese and Korean. There are some words that are the same as well. I can:t remember what those words are because I didn:t have a chance to write them down when I heard them though.

There are times when someone is talking to me in Japanese or I overhear 2 people having a conversation and suddenly I:m like "wait, did I just understand what they just said?" Of course I didn:t, but it happens every so often and I can:t ignore it.

The general sounds of their alphabet and their intonation and the way the words flow out sound a lot like Korean.

I know for a fact that some numbers are pronounced in similar ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home