Thursday, January 8, 2009

All bus rides wish they could be this bus ride

You know those screens on the airplane where it shows you flight information and also a map of your journey so that you can tell if you were headed to your destination on time? This Spanish *bus* has one!

The ride is very very quiet. There's an external temperature gauge. It reads 0 degrees Celsius. The seat is comfortable and the bus is clean. The people around me are quiet because it's a night bus. Seriously, right now it's kind of creepy because I can't hear a single person talking and it's only 30 min past midnight.

The roads are nicely paved and reflectors are well placed on the sides of the road. It feels like I'm on the 5 freeway between LA and the bay area. The only obvious giveaway that I'm in Spain are the signs.

There's a nice Korean girl on break from Sweden sitting next to me, so I don't have to worry about weird smells or someone hitting me every so often or boxing me out of the seat.

It just feels like the way bus rides should be. I never finished the post about the bus ride I had in Egypt, so I will finish and post that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home