Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Applause

I've noticed that on my 2 flights within Argentina (Iberia and LAN), the passengers cheer and applaud after the plane lands safely. It must be an Argentinian thing or a South American thing, because they didn't do it in Spain.

It felt super cheesy at first and I rolled my eyes. It reminded me of the first few flights I took right after 9/11 when people did the same thing in the states. But then when it happened again yesterday I thought about the pilots and I guess if I was a pilot I would appreciate hearing people clapping in the cabin behind me. So I guess it's ok :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, it could be insulting to a pilot too!

"Yay, you didn't crash the plane!".

I've generally seen people do the clapping thing after super-long flights (>14hrs)...

Hope you're having lots of fun! :)

February 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

haha yeah i guess that´s true, the insult part.

February 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home