Friday, March 20, 2009

Day trip

On (what I thought was) my last full day of Rio, the 16th, I took a day trip offered by a travel agency that worked with several hostels near me, including mine.

This day trip took me through the main sights of Rio, including the Cristo do Retentor (Christ the Redeemer) statue at the top of the hill, Pão de Açucar (Sugarloaf) rock, the sambadromo, and the Cathdral.

I took some really nice pictures, which I will share with you guys eventually.

I met a girl on this day trip named Veronica who is a Mexican who lived in Canada for the last 13 years and has dual nationality. She was thinking about heading to see Iguazu Falls but wasn't sure if she really wanted to spend time for it. She is also on the RTW ticket from Oneworld and was planning on only spending a week and a half or so in Brazil and then moving on to Spain because she has people to stay with other countries.

I told her that I was planning to bus it to Iguazu Falls the next day and when she heard that it excited her because she wouldn't have to travel alone. We made plans to contact eachother and on the next morning I met her at her hostel and together we headed for the bus station to get to one of the largest waterfalls in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home