Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My excuse for beer

I notice I've been drinking beer frequently lately, but it's not because I'm a raging alcoholic (well ok I was during Carnaval).

Everytime I go out to eat I find myself ordering a beer. Do you know why? Because these damn countries charge you for water at the table. And even if they offered me tap water in Morocco I wouldn't accept it because of sanitary reasons. I would have taken it in Portugal, Spain, and select places in Brazil and Argentina though. Of course they would gladly force me to pay 2 euros for a 500ml bottled water in Spain that comes in a fancy glass bottle.

I really miss the world of free tap water in the states.

The fact that I want to stay healthier costs so much that I would rather pay for a beer than pay for completely overpriced water, and that's the reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home