Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Woah!

I'd like to interrupt today's program to bring you important news.

I went north today to this area called Ponta Negra in the northern part of Manaus to go swimming on a beach on the river where it's quiet.

A thunderstorm started that got really bad so Andy (Argentinian) and I went under a covering (an outdoor restaurant) to wait out the heavy rain and lightning.

Well I was standing next to one of the speakers in the corner and watching the crazy lightning when the next jolt hit the ground near us and we saw the lightning bolt flash across the ground and did something with the speaker. There was some kind of reaction there even though the speakers were turned off deliberately.

Either way, I felt the jolt of energy run through my feet and up my body. It was crazy. It was painless. It just felt like I was on a bed of jello and someone was lightly shaking my feet.

I wasn't hurt but seriously I was contemplating what had just happened for like the next 2 hours. I couldn't believe it. This was the craziest lightning storm I've ever seen or heard with my eyes. It sounded like people were shooting desert eagle .50s about 3 feet from my ears.

I am now either 2 million brain cells stupider or developing superpowers but I feel great! Heh

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad you are all right after lightening. People say, somebody who get through lightening and is all right will get away from all bad things for the whole life.

One time, on rainyday in my college campus, I saw lightening hit a big tree and the tree be popped out really like a popcorn. I actually examined the popped woods.

March 3, 2009 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger Shanks said...

Glad you're ok. That's sounds kind of crazy that that's all that happened to you. You're pretty lucky!

March 4, 2009 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger ben said...

what kind of super power do you have now Jim? Can you do time travel like the dude in Heroes (the dude that looks like you)?

April 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home