Wednesday, March 4, 2009

For men only

If you are a woman, don't read this one because you may scoff or gag or roll your eyes so far back your eyesight may diminish.

I was using a urinal at a public bathroom at the mall today. There were 6 urinals with nobody on them when I walked in. Exercising exceptional male etiquette, I used the urinal furthest to the right, on the end.

A brazilian man walked in behind me, and to my surprise, pulled himself up to the urinal next to me, and began to go about his business. I was like, "eh?". There were 4 urinals open on the other side! Why did he choose the one next to me?

But it's one of those situations where it's also weird to say anything, so I tried to ignore it, quickly finish, and get moving forward with my life.

Maybe they don't give a shit about urinal spacing in Brazil?

P.s. This post is not a joke

P.p.s. Ok it sort of is

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Random but my guess is they have a different idea of what 'etiquette' is, like they are being polite by taking the 'next' farthest so that whoever comes in next has a closer spot (like moving down a row of seats).

This reminded me though of something my wife noticed in Korea when she went. She and her sister were waiting for a bathroom and of course being the women's bathroom there was a line. They noticed though that no one was using the vacant handicap stall (the ones that are bigger, etc). So they went ahead and just walked in and used it. Later, their cousin told them that was not right and that they consider the handicap stall as something that you can ONLY use if you are handicapped. Which in a way makes sense, since it's a little strange that we treat handicap parking and handicap stalls differently.

March 4, 2009 at 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the man in the bathroom... Nope. Sorry, think again, he just liked you... (lol)

March 4, 2009 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

I'm not a man, obviously... But I think this was bad luck... I heard something like it once from a friend who got as upset as you... So no, we have the same "rules" as everybody elsewhere.. It was either bad luck or the guy just liked you!! hehehehe

March 4, 2009 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

yay! at least 1 person likes me then!

March 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger ben said...

maybe he likes you

April 2, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home