Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Off to Valparaiso

My legs are sore today from running 2km last night with a guy named Rod from my hostel in Santiago. He's an American on vacation from work for 2 weeks and was doing Argentina and Chile during that time. I met him 3 days ago and he left this morning on his plane.

He acts pretty mature for his young 24 years of age and so we got along pretty well. I went out a couple nights with him and walked around the city with him too.

I'm not sure if it will be easy for me to walk around town today but I'm headed on a bus out to Valparaiso, Chile. It's an ocean town about 1.5 hours from Santiago. It's supposed to have some beautiful city layouts because it has a lower town and a part of the town on a hill, so I put a fresh battery in my camera and I'm headed out to catch some good pictures in the beautiful weather that has so far been Chile.

In the last 8 days I've been here, it hasn't rained once and the sky has been blue without a cloud in the sky. Santiago has smog like LA, and that's really been the only issue. If I look at the moutains that border the city (the Andes), they look a lot like the San Gabriel mountains in LA. Their color and the amount of green bush vegetation is similar to that of the hills in our city.

The weather is similar as well. It's April right now, which is like the beginning of winter and it's 30 degrees outside with low humidity. It's really nice and comfortable here.

I'm going to view Valparaiso just for the day, and then get back to my hostel tonight to get on a plane tomorrow morning to head to Lima and the rest of Peru.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home