Monday, September 15, 2008

Headed to Gyeoungju today

Today I leave for Seoul Station from my grandmother's house. From there I am going to take the KTX train to East Daegu, then the Saemaul train to Gyeongju. Gyeongju is the old capital of the Korean Shilla Dynasty. There should be some old artifacts and buildings for me to see there. After that I plan to head to Ulsan.

KTX is the newest Korean rapid transit invention to compete with Japan. It's their 300 km/h train system that connects the 2 largest cities in Korea within a couple of hours, Seoul and Busan. Along the way though, it makes a couple of stops at some bigger cities. I am getting off at an earlier stop, which is East Daegu.

Saemaul is a slower train, quite a bit slower but still not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home