Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's a Mac?

I don't think Koreans use Macs. Well at least not in homes or in the PC rooms. The PC rooms are literally PCs all around.

I know Macs are easier to use and crash less but they're quite a lot more expensive and everyone knows that every Korean boy is obviously born with an IT degree so most people know how to troubleshoot a computer.

I did find it funny and cool though, yesterday when I was at the Gyeoungju National History Museum, they were using Ipod Touches for self narration devices. They asked me for my phone number when I picked up the device just in case I left with it accidentally. Apparently nobody has ever purposely left with one of them after leaving a false phone number because they still use this method of retreiving lost devices. It's a nice thought, especially after being in Bangkok.

I have to admit when I got to the front gate I had a quarter second of flash in my brain that pondered what would happen if I just left without returning it.... and just returned it sometime in the future. That must have been the 5% backpacker part of me deep within me rising up to the surface.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home